CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Cookies and other holiday things

It's Christmas Eve. Merry Christmas to all that read (and Happy Hanukkah just in case).
My bday party was ok. At least the people that said they were coming showed up, but no one that said "maybe" did, so it was just Crystal, Carolyn and her man Todd, Chris and two of Crystal's friends. The karaoke was really country and really bad. I sang Buffett's "Changes in Lattitudes..." I can't stand to hear myself sing. Crystal and her friends did their best to keep the rock going in the karaoke, but Crystal had to leave because she was working the next day and her friends left soon after. Carolyn had already left due to a company party. So, that left Chris and I until about 1:30am when I had had enough and wanted to go home. I need better planning for my 30th bday next year.
Saturday B and I went to my mom's house and then drove to Texas Roadhouse to meet B's mom for my bday lunch. Afterward Mom, K, B and I went shopping at Macy's for K's mom, then to Bed Bath & Beyond to replace the spatula that I broke while making cookies. Then we went to Bass Pro Shop and walked around and Mom and I sat infront of the fireplace. That night Lilly and I went caroling on Monument Ave with Carolyn, Todd, Virginia and others. I had a good time, but Lilly wasn't too thrilled about the Ms. Claus dress. Everyone thought she was too cute and got lots of love and was definately the center of attention at some houses. We went to my dad's house before caroling so they could see Lilly dressed up and here's a pic that Dale took of my sad puppy:

Sunday, B and I went to see "Yes Man". Not Carrey's best film, but it was good. I finished up my Christmas cookie making. If I ever have to make cookies again, it'll be too soon. I love that my baking gives people's tastebuds some satisfaction, but it's a lot of damn work.

Tonight the Christmas festivities begin, but Friday it's back to work. I hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday. Until next time, keep your stick on the ice.

1 comments:

Dunkum/Koontz Family Blog said...

Merry Christmas!
Sorry we didn't make it to the party. You woulnd't have wanted me there. I had food poisoning!!! What a way to kick off the holidays!
Hope you have a great Christmas!