CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009




So long 2008. I will not miss thee. 09 has got to be better, right?
My resolutions? I want my house clean. I never really finished unpacking from moving in back in September 2005. There are unpacked boxes in bedrooms and crap everywhere. I want to have a Christmas Open House this year. That's going to be a ton of work throughout the year, but it'll be worth it. I also want to lose 50lbs this year. I've lost 60lbs over 2 years. I'm not getting any younger and it's not going to get any easier.
Happy 2009 everyone! I hope it's a great one!

2 comments:

Walt said...

You know, as long as your head is in it, the weight loss is going to happen. And setting realistic goals helps, too. YOu say you want to lose 50 this year? Easy. It's only about 12 pounds between now and Easter. If you think of it that way, it doesn't seem like such a big thing to strive for.

I really want to be better at keeping my house clean this year. The mess and the clutter really drags me down to where I can't deal anymore.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with both of your resolutions. You'll meet both, I'm sure.

My main goal is similar - I want to get my loft dejunked, cleaned, and converted into a 2nd bedroom. My whole apartment use to suffer from a serious case of CHAOS (Can't Have Anyone Over Syndrom) - FINALLY got most of it cleaned up but everything that I couldn't bear to get rid of went into the loft, which was already a mini-disaster area to begin with. I'm not even sure where to start with it now.

As far as the weight goes, my advice is just take it nice and slow. I've lost over 45lbs since last May. Am finally where I want to be but now my biggest fear is keeping it off - something I've never been real successful with in the past. So I guess that is my second resolution.

We can give each other encouragement along the way, ok?